Wednesday 17 October 2012

Lay Your Head On My Lap, My Love

I believe in you and must not try to tame you

I am learning that it is enough just to sit with and lie with

That it is enough just to listen to words being softly strung together 

Rhythmic sounds conceived in mind, of heart and soul 

Giving birth to desires and prayers 


Lay your head on my lap my love

Loosen the restraints of the day

Unravel and find your rest in me 

Drink deeply of my devotion 

From the wellspring of my openness



I am in awe of your beauty and must not try to claim you 

I am learning that it is enough to trust the nature of man and woman and allow

My fingers the freedom to travel, to dance, to trace and to follow 

Your curves and caverns, seeking warmth, pulse of body and wilderness

Swallowing love's sweetness whole 

Lay your head on my lap my love 





No comments:

Post a Comment